Varce Italia Navy Paisley Dinner Jacket
or make 4 interest-free payments of $99.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
Our Experienced Staff Will Help You Find an Impeccable Formal Suit in Brisbane
Our family-owned and run business will provide you with a high-quality formal suit in Brisbane. We offer retail and rental services, plus an assortment of sophisticated and stylish accessories for smart special event apparel, at very affordable prices.
Trends About Formalwear in Brisbane You Should Know
Figuring out what the different dress codes refer to ? and there is a long list ? can be confusing. Let us disregard such terms as a fancy garden party, razzle-dazzle, and boho-chic and focus on deciphering traditional labels such as black-tie, formal, semi-formal, business casual, and cocktail.
- The morning suit or coat is elegant formal day attire. Morning dress is the traditional menswear at official daytime events such as memorial services and weddings. It is always single-breasted, has one button or a link closure, and pointed lapels. The lapels and coat edges may be piped in silk. The most formal style is the cutaway skirt that produces a graceful curve from the waist to the hem.
- Our classic English style pure wool grey formal morning suit includes a jacket and trousers. It is available in a black tail ? with an optional grey waistcoat ? and grey pinstripe or plain black trousers as well as mid-grey tails with conventional pinstripe trousers.
- You may wonder how these formal options ought to be combined and accessorised. You should wear a morning suit with a light coloured or white shirt with a turned-down collar, double cuffs, and cufflinks. Waistcoats can be single or double-breasted in grey, blue, or pale yellow-brown. You can wear an elegant woven silk tie with a tie pin. Add a black or grey top hat. Your stylish black slip-ons, or lace-up shoes, should be highly polished but not patent leather. Add a handkerchief, pocket square or boutonnière in the left breast pocket and a pocket watch on the waistcoat.
- Black Tie is the quintessence of “formal” and certainly requires a tie and jacket. You ought to wear a tuxedo after 6 pm. Pair it with a white wingtip shirt, a bow tie, cufflinks, black shoes and long black socks. Wear a dark suit with a plain black tie if you can’t find a tux.
- Consider our black Clarion Dinner Suit/Tuxedo with shawl satin lapel. It includes trousers and a jacket, is made of pure wool, and has one button. Another of several black formal suit options is the tailored fit James Peak Lapel Dinner Suit/Tuxedo of Super 100’s pure Australian Merino wool. It sports a peak lapel, side vents, and one button.
- Formal events are also called black tie optional, which is less formal than black tie but more stylish than cocktail. You may choose a tux or a three-piece suit with a white shirt, dress shoes, and a tie. Enhance the look with a patterned or coloured pocket square or extravagant cuff links. Our slim fit, single-breasted charcoal Franklin formal suit with optional matching vest and two buttons would be a good choice, as would our navy Franklin formal suit in a wool-rich blend.
- Cocktail events are also known as “after five” or semi-formal, which means that you can wear a sports jacket and bolder tie. Semi-formal indicates a look that can take you from day to night. You can wear this to the races, a formal anniversary or birthday party and even a wedding. You may choose to wear chinos but a lounge suit in a darker colour ? with or without a tie ? is preferable. Boat shoes or loafers are acceptable at less formal occasions.
- We supply the subtly patterned, slim fit Studio Italia Florence charcoal, grey, and navy check formal suit. Made of Super 100’s pure Australian Merino wool, it has a notch lapel, side vent, two buttons, and interchangeable trousers. Our Studio Italia Jensen blue, grey, and charcoal check suit has similar features. Both brands contain understated check fabrics and are suitable as both semi-formal and business attire.
Appropriate business casual clothing need not be overly formal. A button-down shirt and slim-fit suit pants or smart chinos will do. Wear it with business shoes, stylish boots, dressy loafers, and a plain belt to achieve a polished look. Business formal requires a classic lounge suit in a darker colour with a white shirt. A tie is optional, depending on the workplace atmosphere.
Solutions for Your Tailor-Made Formal Suit
We will gladly provide you with a tailor-made or made to measure suit based on one of our existing styles by modifying the suit to your measurements.
- Have the suit you buy or rent prepared according to the right dimensions. You can book your suit online or in-store up to 12 months in advance.
- Visit our store for a fitting and try the suit on, preferably before or ? failing that ? on collection day.
- Watch our self-measure video if doing so is impossible. View our self-measure form online. Please download, complete, and email it to us so we can alter the suit of your choice to fit you perfectly.
All formal hire outfits must be collected from our Brisbane store.
Why Tony Barlow in Brisbane is Cost-Effective
It is much less costly to rent or buy a well-tailored, reasonably-priced suit than having an outfit custom-made, and nobody will be able to tell the difference. Contact us to rent or buy the right formal suit for the event.